Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kennedy's Vegetable Love Soup

So, tonight at GJ's house (my grandmother) I created a recipe I would like to share with you. I did this recipe all by myself, GJ did help with the stove and the big knife. It is perfect as a whole meal or for snuggling up and watching Looney Tunes. I love Tom & Jerry and Bugs Bunny but Tom & Jerry are my favorite.

Here is what I put in a pot (aka ingredients):
-Organic free range chicken stock (Happy chickens taste better)
-Can of crushed tomatoes
-2 cups of chopped baby carrots
-half a cup chopped orange pepper
-1 cup chopped yellow squash
-1 cup chopped zucchini
-alot of dry basil (you can use fresh but GJ only
had dry)
-half a cup couscous (I love saying this word, couscous, it is so silly!)
-a little bit of garlic powder (Because Grampa doesn't like garlic so GJ doesn't have fresh garlic. But we tricked him and still put a little in the soup!)
-14 cups of love

Put all ingredients in a pot and cook it while you talk about life and things with someone you love. It is very yummy. Even Grampa liked it (Even with the garlic salt, but we didn't tell him we put it in!)

To make it even better, follow soup with one of my favorite desserts...Marshmallows and strawberries dipped in dark chocolate. You know dark chocolate is very healthy for you, so eat it.

Oh, and make sure you make the plate a little fancy!

1 comment: